What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Anyone figure out Xteve yet?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

markinitdown

I believe I have gone through every post here and on Google about using Xteve with PGblitz, same thing with Telly. Unfortunately in the end it seems the community edition xteve for pgblitz does not open the ports on Portguard, so I found this post

remove your xteve using pg removal and add this yml to /opt/mycontainers

then use plexguide to install it menu 5 2 1 you should see it in the list just deploy same as normal

then use domain:34400/web
That had a file attachment with an xteve-custom.yml file. Loaded that up, worked great. xtevecustom.domain.xyz worked perfect, xteve.domain.xyz/web loaded up but gave me an error.
No websocket connection to xTeVe could be established. Check your network configuration.
Not sure where to go from here, checked logs through portainer and it shows everything working fine. Only thing I can think of is the settings I have with cloudflare to have it as a CDN for plex but not sure. Any help is much appreciated.
I did try Jellyfin but it just doesn't seem up to snuff yet, plus they are having issues with the Android TV app not being able to play Live tv well enough.

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
I've never used xTeve but if the custom yml from the post you linked is required to get it to run through PgBlitz then it should be merged in to the version that's deployed with Pg.

I'll take a look tomorrow at the config and open a merge request after some testing.

markinitdown

Are you also using PGShield?
I am.

I've never used xTeve but if the custom yml from the post you linked is required to get it to run through PgBlitz then it should be merged in to the version that's deployed with Pg.

I'll take a look tomorrow at the config and open a merge request after some testing.
Agreed. It does work fine, the websocket portion I am unsure about though. And unfortunately I do not enough about docker to figure out why it's giving me that error.

As an added piece, I did look into the docker container and it is connected to the plexguide network. I thought it might be the Brave browser blocking it but tried on FF and chrome and same issue arose.

TechButton

Staff
Did you try to connect to xsteve with the ip address:port and not the url? I wrote the original xsteve community app, but I think it was modified from my version. I had to use the IP and I had it working with IP only. I am not currently using xsteve, so I can't help with what is currently going on, but I can mess with it again and help if needed

markinitdown

@TechButton That would be greatly appreciated. Been trying to get some live tv going for a while now. Messed with Jellyfin but I don't like how you have to password protect all users. Otherwise anyone can just login.
So now I'm back to xteve and Plex but still having issues. I did try the IP but haven't tried it with ports open, going to do that now.

markinitdown

@b4r7 It easy to run the custom yml through pgblitz. download the file, move it to /opt/mycontainers. Run pgblitz and hit 5>2>1, then type xteve-custom.
The problem is that even with the custom file it still doesn't work, at least for me. I've tried ports open, closed, tried just the IP, just domain.com:34400/web

I believe I have tried everything suggested. The xteve file provided by PGblitz "works" in that i can get the main page to show up, but it throws an error:
No websocket connection to xTeVe could be established. Check your network configuration.
So it "is" workig, but the websocket portion makes it fail. And unfortunately I do not know enough to help fix it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.