What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Anyone else had any issues with PGShield deployment?

bodgeup

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Ive got a new vm pgblitz build which ive just tried to deploy pgshield but it gets stuck "Pulling Update Files - Please Wait"

Definitely something not right as i cant even get into PGShield, ive had it running in the past but im using a fresh install on 8.5.6 then now 8.5.8. Everything else seems ok i just cant get it to pull the PGShield files.

OK so i think ive found my problem, it seems my traefik container has hit the acme rate limit for my sub-domain. Too many rebuild attempts i think. Anyone know if there is a way to override this limit?? Ive had a quick read and it seems I may need to wait. This explains why my pgshield isnt working, it cant work unless traefik is working right.

Ill post if i find an override

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
No you cannot override the limit. You have to wait upto a week. The new update probably told you about the limit. PGShield is only meant to work if your https:// works for protection. As @nocturne1 mentioned, you'll need a new domain if your really wanting to push this. I'm glad that the system is giving you feedback :D

nocturne1

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
As far as I know, watching portainer logs for the ACME error is the only way to notice this - which might be a bit more difficult than expected when traefik isn't able to deploy. It would be really nice if there was some way the deployment could somehow show if the error exists :D

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

bodgeup

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
So Ive got 2 instances one was working and the new one as above. Now my old Traefik instance acme cant access the TXT record to reregister the duckdns.org cert. Reason its doing this is because it shutdown on gcp for credit exhaustion, but now ive restarted it the traefik containers logs are similar to the original errors my new instance was getting the _acme.subdomain.duckdns.org TXT record is accessible?? Could there be an issue with the Traefik container since a recent update?? Both instances are on PGBlitz 8.5.8

OK so scrap what i said! lol the old instance has managed to sort its cert out, so sorry i assumed different but it seems it is still down to a rate limit issue with my new instance.

Last edited:

bodgeup

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
right so ive got traefik to work now i setup a new subdomain on duckdns, but for some reason this instance wont run the PGShield installer menu, it just sits there on "Pulling Update Files - Please Wait" every time. Everything else works fine except this.

If anyone has any ideas for me to try to get PGShield to even get to the menu where i set the OAUTH creds id appreciate it. I thought it was my firewall, if tried hundreds of different settings changes even as far as disabling all filtering on my firewall to this vms ip but nothing made a difference to the installer.

Im using option 3 then 1 then it runs "Pulling Update Files - Please Wait" then thats as far as it will get????

nocturne1

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
There's no way you're hitting the IP based rate limit:

You can create a maximum of 10 Accounts per IP Address per 3 hours. You can create a maximum of 500 Accounts per IP Range within an IPv6 /48 per 3 hours

What you're hitting is the duplicate certificate one:

We also have a Duplicate Certificate limit of 5 certificates per week. A certificate is considered a duplicate of an earlier certificate if they contain the exact same set of hostnames, ignoring capitalization and ordering of hostnames. For instance, if you requested a certificate for the names [www.example.com, example.com], you could request four more certificates for [www.example.com, example.com] during the week. If you changed the set of names by adding [blog.example.com], you would be able to request additional certificates.

USSHauler

Blitz 3rd Class
i'm running into the same issue on my end after a restore and I can't figure out why. It acted like this even before I initiated the restore when running 8.6RC1 option 3 PG Shield > Option 1 PGBlitz's. Just stays stuck on "Pulling Update Files - Please Wait" with no change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.