What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

All deployments hang

vagabond

Blitz 3rd Class
Hey all,

I've spun up a couple Ubuntu (18.04.02 LTS) VMs in virtualbox on a macmini to try to get PG going. First one, I managed to get through initiall PG installation but I can't manage to deploy any apps. It always hangs at the TASK [Deploying *app*] line. That one does have the standard apps deployed though, pgui, portainer. But if I try to add anything from box, it doesn't work.

So I tried a second VM, this one can't even deploy pgui on the initial run of PG. Just hangs. I can control-c out of that line and it starts up, but obviously, stuff is missing.

In both cases, I can't get to the logs to try to figure out what's happening. When I run blitz, in the first VM, it fails with
tail: option used in invalid context -- 1. Second one, it seems it didn't even get far enough in the install to have blitz installed.

What am I doing wrong? These are clean installs of Ubuntu. Used method 1 of the install script. Maybe I'll try again with method 2 but any direction would be great. It's so weird that it just can't make it through the most basic first steps.

vagabond

Blitz 3rd Class
Follow up.

I just tried a fresh Debian 9 installation and the same thing is occurring. At any place where it gets to a 'deploy' line, it hangs indefinitely until i ctrl-c out. Here's what it looks like when it hangs and I cancel out.

Code:
TASK [Deploying pgui] ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Monday 10 June 2019  10:49:47 -0400 (0:00:00.112)       0:00:09.925 ***********
^CProcess WorkerProcess-36:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 258, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/executor/process/worker.py", line 118, in run
    self._final_q
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/executor/task_executor.py", line 140, in run
    res = self._execute()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/executor/task_executor.py", line 612, in _execute
    result = self._handler.run(task_vars=variables)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/plugins/action/normal.py", line 46, in run
    result = merge_hash(result, self._execute_module(task_vars=task_vars, wrap_async=wrap_async))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/plugins/action/__init__.py", line 843, in _execute_module
    res = self._low_level_execute_command(cmd, sudoable=sudoable, in_data=in_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/plugins/action/__init__.py", line 962, in _low_level_execute_command
    rc, stdout, stderr = self._connection.exec_command(cmd, in_data=in_data, sudoable=sudoable)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/plugins/connection/local.py", line 133, in exec_command
    stdout, stderr = p.communicate(in_data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 479, in communicate
    return self._communicate(input)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1098, in _communicate
    stdout, stderr = self._communicate_with_poll(input)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1152, in _communicate_with_poll
    ready = poller.poll()
KeyboardInterrupt
 [ERROR]: User interrupted execution

vagabond

Blitz 3rd Class
Update. I let the deployments go all night and I got the same errors on both systems, Debian 9 and Ubuntu 18.04.02 LTS. Both 8.6.5.

Code:
TASK [Deploying rutorrent] *****************************************************
Friday 14 June 2019  18:21:14 -0400 (0:00:00.059)       0:00:19.801 ***********
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error pulling linuxserver/rutorrent - code: None message: unexpected EOF"}
    to retry, use: --limit @/opt/coreapps/apps/rutorrent.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
127.0.0.1                  : ok=36   changed=16   unreachable=0    failed=1

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
That's very strange...not that it helps, but I had a successful PG install on a VM inside Parallels on a 2012 Mac Mini.

I don't have anything to say to try to help, except maybe try the newest image (8.7.5)? If you want, I can try to replicate your situation and see what happens for me.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending