What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion additional subdomain in docker / traefik config

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Ross

PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
right now I have plex installed in a docker (as you'd expect) and accessible via https://plex.mydomain.com:443 (or just plex.mydomain.com which redirects perfectly).

What I want is www.mydomain.com to also be able to access the plex container. I can see I need to add something in the docker - specifically traefik.frontend.rule - but where can I edit this?

Thanks!
Ross

fr0sty

Staff
Donor
I thought i could help with this one but I failed.

steps i took

1. login to ssh
2. type- plexguide
3. select "3 Traefik & TLD Deployment" (you will see its set to portainer)
4. select "2 Set Top Level Domain App"
5. type the name of a running container that you wish to be the main domain (plex)
6. select "6 Deploy Traefik" & redeploy all containers.

The result was the removal of the portainer docker from the TLD but not the addition of the plex container. So the main domain results in "404 page not found".

Any guru's care to chime in?

fr0sty

Ross

Thanks for trying to help.

For anyone searching for this in future, stop the container, click "edit/duplicate" in portainer, add or amend the label on the labels tab, deploy the container, job jobbed.

I expect a redeploy of that program from plexguide might overwrite the setting as it deletes and recreates the containers, but it’s a simple enough fix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors