Discussion A way to increase speed to TDrives

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

bdunn

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
Just thought I would mention that another way to speed transfers to TDrive is by using another project at the same time. Just thought I would mention that. Probably everyone already knows that.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
are you saying to use multiple projects and service accounts? :D

bdunn

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
Yeah... I've been just screwing around with it and discovered that no matter how many service accounts I have linked over to TDrive it will eventually slow down. So I just add another project and more service accounts and apparently I can do that indefinitely. I am not using free credits or anything here as I have a ton of long term resources on my account at Google. So I've just been experimenting (jacking around).

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Sponsor
Donor
Max is 35Mb each file .
It's a limit from Google..!!

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
I have not noticed this. I have had 24 service accounts setup on two gcloud servers to do a team drive to team drive clone. It would rotate through the accounts after limits are hit, 12 accounts on each server. I had a consistent 2.5 gigabit transfer on both servers for 2 weeks.

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Btw idea for a pgblitz feature: ability to easy set up 2 gce servers for copy/clone job as @Somedude did

I'd like to copy @MrDoob 's series hahaha

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
I asked for this as part of the pgclone update already. The easiest way I see to do it is to be able to set a new project and keys in pgclone, and save the keys in a project folder like all the programs, instead of just one key backup folder and can only have on set of keys like there is currently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.