PG News 8.7 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoszero112

Blitz 3rd Class
Staff
Hopefully adding a solid torrentVPN client :)
Both the rflood-vpn and transmissionvpn apps are stable (or, at the very least, they work great for me :D). But this does give me an idea for a standalone vpn that you can just point your client of choice to. I prefer module over packaged.

sconnery

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Can we implement automation of multiple domains ? Also with different top levels for each ? Thanks

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Can we implement automation of multiple domains ? Also with different top levels for each ? Thanks
No, this exceeds the scope of the project and is too complicated. If you wish to do make this manually, you can fork it and code the toml file. Just being honest (and is the reason i enabled modular forking).

cdntartarus

Blitz 3rd Class
Add a setting to limit how much cpu resources some containers get?

I've noticed some containers will resource hog everything to the point the machine it is on will grind to a halt where I would have to restart the box or just wait it out.

Jellyfin doing library scans will grab all four of my cores and load them to 100% (might just be a bug at the moment due to it's rapid development and changes but I really like how the team over there is building out the project) so it would be nice to lock it to 3 cores on deploy.

I believe sonarr container has behaved similar to this where it will grab a bunch of resources all at once and if any other container is fighting for it than it will become really slugish and watching videos becomes a buffer fest.

Cheers.

maskpx

Blitz 3rd Class
Would be nice to see Docker Swarm inside. has some benefit over regular docker like Selfhealing, less port problems (you don't need to expose any ports with traefik). If you wan't I have a priv bitbucket repo with examples it's mainlined for my NAS but should be easy to convert into a host setup

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Add a setting to limit how much cpu resources some containers get?

I've noticed some containers will resource hog everything to the point the machine it is on will grind to a halt where I would have to restart the box or just wait it out.

Jellyfin doing library scans will grab all four of my cores and load them to 100% (might just be a bug at the moment due to it's rapid development and changes but I really like how the team over there is building out the project) so it would be nice to lock it to 3 cores on deploy.

I believe sonarr container has behaved similar to this where it will grab a bunch of resources all at once and if any other container is fighting for it than it will become really slugish and watching videos becomes a buffer fest.

Cheers.
Ironically we had this to some extent but this is where you may fork and add the line about cpu resources. There is no easy around this due to tagging a couple resources number to the yml. The 1024 split is hard to calculate with tons of other containers.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Would be nice to see Docker Swarm inside. has some benefit over regular docker like Selfhealing, less port problems (you don't need to expose any ports with traefik). If you wan't I have a priv bitbucket repo with examples it's mainlined for my NAS but should be easy to convert into a host setup
This would require a rewrite. You can send what u have via pm but ansible from what I'm aware does not do swarm. I could be wrong.

bykiss

Blitz 3rd Class
Whould be great, if non IT guys like me could have a simple tool to add apps that are not included in core nor community repo to the plex environment, example actually whould love to have another instance of ombi and install Varken but really dont know how to start

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Whould be great, if non IT guys like me could have a simple tool to add apps that are not included in core nor community repo to the plex environment, example actually whould love to have another instance of ombi and install Varken but really dont know how to start
Check out our modular forking youtube video. You know how it ask if you want to use your fork? U would and then you would have to use GITHUB to send it back to us.

Reactions: bykiss and Xployt

Xployt

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Sponsor
Patron
Reactions: bykiss

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Reactions: bykiss and H1f0x

CyborgPirate

Blitz 1st Class
It would be nice to have the option to store each day of backups separately so that you have a history of backups rather than the current system which overwrites the last backups.

Maybe something like /mnt/unionfs/plexguide/backups/20190424/ as the folder for today's backups for example.
Tomorrow's would be /mnt/unionfs/plexguide/backups/20190425/

You could also set it to delete any backups older than x days if you were worried about storage space (e.g. if you didn't have unlimited gdrive)

CyborgPirate

Blitz 1st Class
Another suggestion would be to use wireguard instead of openvpn as the default vpn solution. It is a much more modern, secure and streamlined vpn compared to the other solutions out there.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
It would be nice to have the option to store each day of backups separately so that you have a history of backups rather than the current system which overwrites the last backups.

Maybe something like /mnt/unionfs/plexguide/backups/20190424/ as the folder for today's backups for example.
Tomorrow's would be /mnt/unionfs/plexguide/backups/20190425/

You could also set it to delete any backups older than x days if you were worried about storage space (e.g. if you didn't have unlimited gdrive)
The reason this doesn't work is because the restore process becomes a night mare because not everyone choose a daily backup. If you ever want to recover an older backup, go-to the trashcan restore it and replace what's there. Good thought I'll keep in mind.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.