PG News 8.6 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShadow

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Will 8.6 go stable? I've been using it great.

I only wish that the options menu did a "quick deploy" that just changes the vars and reloads the mounts quickly. One way do to it is have the script read the vars instead of using ansible to provide the vars. Then just restart the service instead of doing a full deployment.

Also RClone 1.47 is out and has some VFS fixes and fixes the dupe directory problem!

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Will 8.6 go stable? I've been using it great.

I only wish that the options menu did a "quick deploy" that just changes the vars and reloads the mounts quickly. One way do to it is have the script read the vars instead of using ansible to provide the vars. Then just restart the service instead of doing a full deployment.
Haha there is never a true stable version, but i'm adding one thing it will get released as 8.6.1 - Needed a small mental break (which has been good) plus allowed me to focus and plan other on other things.

Reactions: timekills

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Last edited:

Spoonsy1480

Blitz Samurai
Having problems deploying multi hdd on 8.6RC1.
Local server, Ubuntu 18.04.

96181B47-0ABE-4865-926F-847EA3C444D5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager

H1f0x

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
I just upgraded to 8.6.1 from 8.5.8. All good so far drives were recreated. But PGUI is showing me that the:

TDrive-Rclone: Not operational
TDrive-Mount: Not operational

What obviously is a lie :) All mounted and working perfectly so far. I restarted the server and even only the services. Nothing changed so far.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Armin

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I just upgraded to 8.6.1 from 8.5.8. All good so far drives were recreated. But PGUI is showing me that the:

TDrive-Rclone: Not operational
TDrive-Mount: Not operational

What obviously is a lie :) All mounted and working perfectly so far. I restarted the server and even only the services. Nothing changed so far.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
from 8.5.8 to 8.6.1 you have to go trough [4] PG Clone : Mount Transport again
then all back to normal

designator09

Blitz 3rd Class
Ever since I installed 8.6.1 had upload and access issues, process to fix it.

Update, install, reboot, redeploy the mounts, - files now uploading to google drive.
Reboot again, reinstall sonarr radarr lidarr, still getting access errors.
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /mnt/unionfs/nzbget/movies/

any ideas?

BornSlacker

Blitz 3rd Class
Patron
Ever since I installed 8.6.1 had upload and access issues, process to fix it.

Update, install, reboot, redeploy the mounts, - files now uploading to google drive.
Reboot again, reinstall sonarr radarr lidarr, still getting access errors.
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /mnt/unionfs/nzbget/movies/

any ideas?
I was having this issue before and was able to fix it mostly with a change in nzbget. Go into setting --> unpack --> and for the "unrarcmd" put this in the line "${AppDir}/unrar x -ai"

I think that x -ai attribute tells unrar to ignore existing permissions and use what you have configured for your system.

I'm a noob so take this all with a grain of salt.

BornSlacker

Blitz 3rd Class
Patron
I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 18 on a box at my house, installed a fresh 8.6.1. Did all the configuration for PG blitz with encryption a couple of times. In pgui, it shows all green checks for rclone, gdrive, tdrive, etc. Everything looks golden except for in "edition" it shows "not set". However... when I SSH into plexguide I can see that it's successfully deployed with PGBlitz.

Also... It's not showing any of the existing files in my team drive when I go to /mnt/unionfs. It just shows me the "encrypted" and "plexguide" folders with encrypted content.

Any ideas? (I've rebooted the server multiple times and rebuilt PGblitz from scratch multiple times ensuring that I use the same passwords as before.

Does it matter that I have another plexguide server in the cloud setup with pgblitz using the same team drive and password, but on 8.5.8?

timekills

Blitz General
Staff
Donor
I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 18 on a box at my house, installed a fresh 8.6.1. Did all the configuration for PG blitz with encryption a couple of times. In pgui, it shows all green checks for rclone, gdrive, tdrive, etc. Everything looks golden except for in "edition" it shows "not set". However... when I SSH into plexguide I can see that it's successfully deployed with PGBlitz.

Also... It's not showing any of the existing files in my team drive when I go to /mnt/unionfs. It just shows me the "encrypted" and "plexguide" folders with encrypted content.

Any ideas? (I've rebooted the server multiple times and rebuilt PGblitz from scratch multiple times ensuring that I use the same passwords as before.

Does it matter that I have another plexguide server in the cloud setup with pgblitz using the same team drive and password, but on 8.5.8?
Have you used the encrypted version before? Unless you make your own change, the folder names are encrypted as well as the file names, so all you'd see is encrypted folders with encrypted files in them.

I'm assuming you're using already encrypted files. If you're other version of PG isn't using encrypted files, then the encrypted version you're using now is looking in the encrypted folder where it expects the files to already be located - except they're not there, because you never went through the encryption process. They'd still be in the "normal" location, but the encrypted version doesn't use that location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.