Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.

mondychan

Blitz 3rd Class
whaw great, when the stable 8.6 is out, please do a writeup for us people that are goin to upgrade from 8.5.8 , just 1.2.3 steps (like redeploy, or key generation, whatnot) thx a lot!

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
I'm going to update the wikis (which will take time), but there is no difficulty if you used pg already. The only thing you have to do is generate new keys (really the same process, just more efficient).

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
always backup and would recommend a hetzner cloud vps as a test or vm (i always keep a separate from my main box). Stable is hard to say because it's linux haha :D but runs as close as we can and if no one reports (makes harder)

mondychan

Blitz 3rd Class
ok, i didnt chicken out and updated to RC
truly, re-keying and redeploying, everything went smooth and sound, seems to work all fine !

and btw. 8.5.8 has been rock solid ! so dont worry about beta/stable, it did great job!

Last edited:

mondychan

Blitz 3rd Class
right, went from unencrypted pgblitz to same, using 20 keys (i like to live dangerously even tho i have only 1gig interface :D ), no problems at all
didnt fiddle with the rclone settings, maybe in the future based on recomendations from people on discord and forums, but "Default" is fast enought for me both for plex playback and seek times on 1080p or 4k

hawk2g

Blitz 2nd Class
a few things for the VFS Rclone mount settings.

1 - I can enter invalid answers by adding a letter, which then shows up in vfs_cma, etc. --buffer-size would be 64abcM in drive.service
2 - Buffer-size info is misleading. Increasing the buffer does not improves load time, it will increase it since the buffer must be met before it is allowed to read that file.
3 - Drive-Chunk-Size info is wrong. It's the chunk size when uploading to google drive. VFS-Read-Chunk-Size is the one that breaks up the file into chunks when streaming for plex.
4 - VFS-Cache-Max-Age has no impact due to vfs-cache-mode is not set, so it's off by default. When I used this last, it only had effect on cached files when I had the mode to full, as it would fully download the entire file to cache and be removed when vfs-cache-max-age was up.
5 - Dir-Cache-Time doesn't actually work like it does with other rclone mounts, such as ftp. You could set this to the highest number but it will always refresh the parent directory where the new file was added in google drive. I've seen a post saying dir-cache-time needs to be low, which I disagree with. I never used encrypted rclone mounts so I can't recommend a high value for all. So it's user experience vs user experience for this option.

suggestion:
I feel like the options should be asking for rclone value answers like 64M, 1G, 600h, etc. I don't like my settings being in someone else's limitations. It seems to be made idiot-proof so users don't do bad settings, but this should be for the people who know what they're doing and users who don't should just use the default template settings.

IMDMonkey

Blitz 3rd Class
Staff
I noticed that there are issues with menu options appearing and disappearing within the [C] Options of PG Clone.

I get options 1,2, and 3, until I open and exit from option 2. Then I get options 1-6. They go back to 1-3 when I exit the options and go back in.

Still looking around....

<UPDATE>
...and then this happened upon deployment of PG Move:

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
🚀 Conducting RClone Mount Checks ~ pgclone.pgblitz.com

/opt/pgclone/functions/multihd.sh: line 8: /var/plexguide/multihd.paths: No such file or directory
GDRIVE : Passed
sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/ansible-playbook", line 67, in <module>
import ansible.constants as C
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/constants.py", line 184, in <module>
config = ConfigManager()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/config/manager.py", line 234, in __init__
self._config_file = find_ini_config_file(self.WARNINGS)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/config/manager.py", line 192, in find_ini_config_file
potential_paths.append(unfrackpath("~/.ansible.cfg", follow=False))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/utils/path.py", line 47, in unfrackpath
basedir = os.getcwd()
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/constants.py", line 184, in <module>
config = ConfigManager()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/config/manager.py", line 234, in __init__
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/config/manager.py", line 192, in find_ini_config_file
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/utils/path.py", line 47, in unfrackpath
basedir = os.getcwd()
config = ConfigManager()
basedir = os.getcwd()

💪 DEPLOYED: PG Move - Unencrypted
↘ Acknowledge Info | Press [ENTER]

Last edited:

Swipular

Blitz 2nd Class
Patron
Just some quick notes. I'm running 8.5 in production but thought I would give this a try today so spun it up in a clean VM.

During the setup of pgblitz a couple of URL's were listed for documentation that do not point to the correct place:

Otherwise no problems at all.

Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swipular

Blitz 2nd Class
Patron
Did find one very minor thing when I logged back in.

Code:
/usr/bin/env: 'figlet': No such file or directory
Only happens when I log in on the console not if I ssh in.

Reactions: f635fea055

bdunn

Blitz 3rd Class
I have had a very strange experience with 8.6RC1. I've tried this on two systems with the same result.

Everything seems to go to fine. I deploy Unencrypted Blitz and when I exit I find that my pgblitz command is missing. Blitz command is still there as is plexguide, etc., but pgblitz is gone and doesn't seem to be running (according to blitz).

Has anyone else seen this?

PS: I've tried this as a regular user as also as root - same results on each system.

EDIT: I failed to mention that this is after 8.5.8 running smooth and stable then running pgupdate to 8.6RC1.

Last edited:

bdunn

Blitz 3rd Class
I've tried a few things. I noticed this in PGUI under Basic Info:

EditionNOT-SET

So I went into Plexguide, [4] PG Clone, [1] Utilize PG Clone, [C] Options, [1] Transport Select, [3] Blitz Unencrypt.

The install seemed to go fine. TDrive and GDrive are mounted fine. Everything looks good except no PGBlitz executable and nothing in Blitz shows that it is running. Tried this on both systems.

Ideas?

bdunn

Blitz 3rd Class
Discovered something...

I noticed that /opt/appdata/plexguide/pgblitz.sh was not set executable so I chmod +x and now blitz is showing files moving. Still no pgblitz executable, but I don't want to go further at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.