Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Team,

FOCUS for 8.6: Reconstructing PG Clone to be smarter and faster @ execution. Upgrading to BETA and downgrading back to 8.5 is safe (pgclone is modular, so less issues). Thread is open for feedback!

RC1 was stableMinor bug fixes from RC1

8.6 Release Candidate 1

RC1 has been released. We feel that major 8.6 beta/test development is to a near end. Please provide any feedback to stress test RC1. If none is given or changes are not made in the next 48 hours, we’ll release 8.6.0 (and continue patching along the way and prep for development of 8.7 (which focuses on PG Box). We’ll also start working the wiki for all the changes, point the domains correctly, and new videos.

Changes from 8.6Beta3 > RC1

Added Local Edition (basically only HDs and mounts without gsuite)This will require a patch, the multiple hd’s for local edition will deploy as read only. If your not running this, your fine. If wanting to test; it will work and you can check to...
Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: pYTTH

TheShadow

Blitz 3rd Class
Note: Not my user/domain.... The project has 8 keys attached.

[1] Transport Select | INFO: Change Transport Type
[2] Destroy All Service Keys | WARN: Wipes All Keys for the Project
[3] Create New Project | WARN: Resets Everything
[4] Demo Mode - OFF | Hide the E-Mail Address on the Front
[Z] Exit

NOTE: When creating a NEW PROJECT (option C), the USER must create the
CLIENT ID and SECRET for that project! We will assist in creating the
project and enabling the API! Everything reets when complete!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
↘ Input Selection | Press [ENTER]: 2
ERROR: (gcloud.iam.service-accounts.list) Your current active account [xxx] does not have any valid credentials
Please run:

$ gcloud auth login

to obtain new credentials, or if you have already logged in with a
different account:

$ gcloud config set account ACCOUNT

to select an already authenticated account to use.

🚀 Error! Nothing To Delete!

NOTE: No Accounts for Project ~ dfsdfsdf01
are detected! Exiting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin9705

TheShadow

Blitz 3rd Class
It did not delete the service accounts on the gdrive site, so I did it manually.

I'm at the tested - works but "deploy not ready" phase.

Oops, my blitz is broken w/o a deploy b/c I deleted the service keys and made new ones. Any chance we could fast track that part?
Failed to create file system for destination "gdsa01:/": didn't find section in config file

You should also mention in the email generator menu to share via gdrive site as "Content Manager" wasn't very clear. When will the deploy be ready?

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
when it is; working pgmove first because it's easy; but rewriting the code for that also. making it more simple and less complex. for pgblitz, i have some ideas on how data moves... but the feedback you provide helps because it's executed better when the final version is done. have you notice an increase in speed and etc from the rest?

TheShadow

Blitz 3rd Class
what do you mean speed? I can't use it yet b/c deploy doesn't work yet. It looks to be a bit more user friendly but needs some polish.

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
8.5 did this as well; running pgblitz as root activated the expected top level script, while running as a user, whether sudo or not displayed the blitz logs. I just usually executed sudo plexguide but figured I'd second the comment.

• Sweat

vFlagR

Blitz 2nd Class
8.6.test3 all tests passed for PgBlitz unencrypted. Process seems more streamlined and definitely quicker.

Will this release sort issues where files aren't removed after being moved to tdrive? Having to log in to my server every couple of days now and clear /mnt/downloads/nzbget manually because it's filling up with files that have been "moved" to tdrive.

Thanks for all the hard work as always, happy to test anything further around PgBlitz :)

• Money

TheShadow

Blitz 3rd Class
Have you checked the sonarr/radarr logs first to determine if it downloaded duplicates and didn't import b/c quality/size/already exists/etc?

That's 100% of the cases for me when I see downloads 'stuck'. First I check History and activity tabs, look for yellow or red icons, then I do a manual import on /mnt/unionfs/[downloader]/[category] and check again. Most of the time I'll see episode on disk is same quality or higher etc. Turns out sab unpacked the same file 3 times and the directory was /mnt/downloads/sabnzbd/tv/download.1 and download.2 and download.3. Sometimes I run search all a few times a week w/o clearing the queue and it downloads the same thing twice.

The other time is when I rebooted the server or stopped the arr container in the middle of processing.

I would double check your download mappings under download client settings in radarr/sonarr and make sure they are right b/c that will cause files being copied and not moved if it's not done properly...

Try updating to the latest 8.5.x on your prod server then redeploy your mounts, I do see some "access denied" fixes recently went in!

bdunn

Blitz 3rd Class
I have two PGs deployed. Heavy lifting at GCE and a simpler one at my site. The one at my site was having issues so I ripped out PlexGuide to replace with 8.6test3. I noticed during the install just following the name of the site ID, not to change the processing disk, and having Watchtower update everything but Plex/Emby I saw this during processing:

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": "cat /var/plexguide/server.ports", "delta": "0:00:00.002648", "end": "2019-03-14 11:31:17.469413", "msg": "non-zero return code", "rc": 1, "start": "2019-03-14 11:31:17.466765", "stderr": "cat: /var/plexguide/server.ports: No such file or directory", "stderr_lines": ["cat: /var/plexguide/server.ports: No such file or directory"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
got it, ya it's the name set piece. have to work a new solution for that. doesn't break anything. server name is just needed for backup and restores. name can be set in pgvault.

Nigel

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I'm really good and you? Yeah I am using PGBlitz now and it is amazing. Previous year I had to make the servide keys by myself. Now its more automatic. Your doing a great job!

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
This has been working - it was mostly my misunderstanding of the file system not anything actually wrong. LMK if you've still got questions - things should be copying and not moving :D

Uy9KC7OP2R2yn6TZVSMP

Blitz 2nd Class
Staff
Hey thanks a lot for the reply! I'll start by carefully reviewing the doc, my configuration etc and if it's still copying, I'll reach out :)

Edit: Although I'm on 8.5.8 , does this functionality require 8.6 ???
Edit2 : Nope, started on 8.3 so I should be good normally.

Last edited:

hooper

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Donor
seeing errors like this with the latest beta

WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
8.7 is where i'm going to rebuild pgbox and my goal for 8.8 is to go through each app and write up the wiki accordingly. part of the reason why i haven't got to.

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
8.6beta2
@MrDoob The Hetzner iGPU/GPU script for testing (#4) calls the "pghetznerigpu.sh" from the wrong location.
It is in the "/opt/plexguide/menu/tools/hetzner" folder, but when run it looks in the "/opt/plexguide/menu/tools" folder.
Error it produces is:
bash: /opt/plexguide/menu/tools/pghetznerigpu.sh: No such file or directory

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
edit is done .. thanks again for the catch @timekills

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
@Admin9705 @MrDoob Also regarding HW encode in Plex - the last couple versions of the plex.yml have removed the passthrough of the /dev/dri folder. Without this being available in the Plex Docker container, hardware encode is not possible.

I see the code is supposed to check for existence:
- name: Check /dev/dri exists
stat:
path: '/dev/dri'
register: dev_dri

And then register as a device if it does:
devices: "{{ '/dev/dri:/dev/dri' if dev_dri.stat.exists == True | default(false) else omit }}"

However, it does not appear to show up in the docker container.

Last edited:

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
I'll take a look; ran into some issues on one of the newer i9 9900 systems but it's an Intel driver issue with the 9x series of CPUs.
I'm going to rebuild a known good system and see results, then I'll work any necessary updates to the script.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.