8.4 Changelog & Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi,

I updated from 8.4.8 to 8.4.15 und run in errors when trying community apps. I get the following error after going through the menu (5 > 2 > 1):

Code:
TASK [Cloning Community Apps] *********************************************************************************************************************************************
Monday 18 February 2019  21:30:21 +0100 (0:00:00.453)       0:00:01.059 *******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": "/usr/bin/git checkout --force v8.4", "msg": "Failed to checkout v8.4", "rc": 1, "stderr": "error: pathspec 'v8.4' did not match any file(s) known to git.\n", "stderr_lines": ["error: pathspec 'v8.4' did not match any file(s) known to git."], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}
    to retry, use: --limit @/opt/plexguide/menu/pgbox/pgboxcommunity.retry
Any ideas? Every hint is very much appreciated.

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
Edit: Fixed in the repo/

I've submitted the fix in github but it is awaiting approval.

In the meantime, you can make a small edit to one file to fix it yourself on your server.

type nano /opt/plexguide/menu/pgbox/pgboxcommunity.yml
Change the second to last line from version: "v8.4" to version: "v.8.4"

Note the extra period between the v and the 8. It is needed.

Then run plexguide again and you will be able to download and use the community apps.

----------------------------
URL for fix awaiting approval:
https://github.com/Admin9705/PlexGuide.com-The-Awesome-Plex-Server/pull/859/commits/011f1c2c703e0dac29530372e0671cdbdd6ceee4

Last edited:

psycho

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi @timekills ,

Thx, that did the trick. Now I run in the next error. I want to install a app in mycontainers called "home-assistant-beee". When deploying it it runs into this error:

Code:
TASK [Including cron job] ******************************************************
Monday 18 February 2019  21:50:14 +0100 (0:00:00.051)       0:00:00.170 *******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"reason": "Unable to retrieve file contents\nCould not find or access '/opt/plexguide/containers/_core.yml'"}
    to retry, use: --limit @/opt/communityapps/apps/home-assistant-beee.retry
I double checked and the file _core.yml is missing.

Again, any idea?

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
That's the old location.
It's in /opt/communityapps/apps/_core.yml now
I'd try rm -rf /opt/plexguide/containers and rm- rf /opt/communityapps
Then run BOTH the core apps install menu (although you shouldn't need to install anything.), back out and try community apps again.

It looks like it's using an old community app version of the installer file.

psycho

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi @timekills ,

thx again for the instant support. Unfortunately it didn't help. Though, community apps install fine (tested headphones and home-assistant) I get an error while "loading" the app list:

Code:
TASK [Cloning Community Apps] *********************************************************************************************************************************************
Monday 18 February 2019  22:34:39 +0100 (0:00:00.472)       0:00:01.089 *******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": "/usr/bin/git checkout --force v.8.4", "msg": "Failed to checkout v.8.4", "rc": 1, "stderr": "error: pathspec 'v.8.4' did not match any file(s) known to git.\n", "stderr_lines": ["error: pathspec 'v.8.4' did not match any file(s) known to git."], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}
    to retry, use: --limit @/opt/plexguide/menu/pgbox/pgboxcommunity.retry

PLAY RECAP ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
127.0.0.1                  : ok=2    changed=1    unreachable=0    failed=1
I could ignore this. But installing my customized home-assistant-beee app throw this error:

Code:
TASK [Including cron job] ******************************************************
Monday 18 February 2019  22:39:10 +0100 (0:00:00.051)       0:00:00.179 *******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"reason": "Unable to retrieve file contents\nCould not find or access '/opt/plexguide/containers/_core.yml'"}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
127.0.0.1                  : ok=1    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1

psycho

Blitz 3rd Class
Updated and did the rm commands again (just in case). Everything seems to be fine. The only issue stays my own app in mycontainers. I still get the error.

Code:
Monday 18 February 2019  23:01:41 +0100 (0:00:00.054)       0:00:00.185 *******

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
127.0.0.1                  : ok=1    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1
But for tonight I've to stop my investigation, caus I've got to catch an early flight...
@timekills Thx so far.

S

subse7en

Original poster
Yes because as I stated you have to fix that yourself...... You have to edit your custom container yml files.

find:
/opt/plexguide/containers
replace:
/opt/communityapps/apps

Last edited by a moderator:

wrenvx

Blitz 3rd Class
On 8.4.16

When Enabling/Disabling PortGuard with community apps installed, plexguide tries to find apps' yml(s) on the wrong folder.

Code:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[IMG]https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/11/svg/2198.svg[/IMG]  PortGuard - Rebuilding [deluge]

ERROR! the playbook: /opt/coreapps/apps/deluge.yml could not be found

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
On 8.4.16

When Enabling/Disabling PortGuard with community apps installed, plexguide tries to find apps' yml(s) on the wrong folder.

Code:
[IMG]https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/11/svg/2198.svg[/IMG]  PortGuard - Rebuilding [deluge]

ERROR! the playbook: /opt/coreapps/apps/deluge.yml could not be found
i have a fix for this that i've put in 8.5 for some areas. will update shortly

plunderer

Blitz 3rd Class
Same situation again, 8.4.21 is the latest version but no info here on what has changed... I took the plunge and upgraded. Does a few new things when you first fire-up, asking again about whether you want to auto-update your containers.
Traefik has also been updated to record (for cloudflare anyway) your username and api key instead of making you retype each time. BUT........
It hasnt fixed the issue of some container yml files having been expected in the core, rather than community dir path.
Traefik simply skips over the redeployment for the containers in question rather than displaying the previous error msg about missing yml files.

↘ Traefik - Rebuilding [speedtest]

↘ Traefik - Rebuilding [cadvisor]

↘ Traefik - Rebuilding [cloudcmd]

↘ Traefik - Rebuilding [heimdall]

↘ Traefik - Rebuilding [radarr4k]

As per previous posts by several people on same topic. I've never deployed my own containers, and have only ever been on the 8.4x code base from a fresh install, upgrading regularly along the way, so issue clearly lies in a previous 8.4x code base, or current.

Any ideas appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies.