8.4 Changelog & Readups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Team,
8.4’s Primary focus is the GCE.  Updates should be minor because GCE is now modular.  Updates will no longer be provided to 8.3.  It’s safe to downgrade from 8.4 to 8.3 incase.

Note (subse7en) Disconnecting Mounts
Some users have reported that mounts will disconnect or unmount when scanning in either plex or sonarr.
There are possible reasons for this:

You have limited memory, less than 8gb on your server
You are hitting API limits and resulting in temp bans
You have Plex + another Plex and/or Emby and/or JellyFin
You have a beta or outdated rclone version
Your server is losing network connectivity intermittently
You’re maxing out the CPU on your server (limit transcodes)
A sign of a hardware failure on your storage device

I just pushed rclone configuration updates to address this issue, the downside is plex will take slightly longer to start playing a video.
Everyone has a different environment, meaning everyone has different server specs and different usage...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrDoob

Swipular

Blitz 2nd Class
Patron
What's the deal with GCE? It is a viable long term solution or just for short term testing?

It looks like it would not be cost effective.

Reactions: Sejrup

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
What's the deal with GCE? It is a viable long term solution or just for short term testing?

It looks like it would not be cost effective.
You utilize your $300 of free credits which last for about 2 months; free feeder. When done, use another account; can use a free gmail account for it.

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
It's great if you create a new Gmail account every few months. Create account activate your free credits deploy GCE. Check in on you credits after about a month when getting close to the end create new Gmail back up your GCE thru the plexguide backup. Close the billing account. Open billing under new Gmail redeploy GCE with new email restore settings (edit settings with new IP address) rinse and repeat.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
It's great if you create a new Gmail account every few months. Create account activate your free credits deploy GCE. Check in on you credits after about a month when getting close to the end create new Gmail back up your GCE thru the plexguide backup. Close the billing account. Open billing under new Gmail redeploy GCE with new email restore settings (edit settings with new IP address) rinse and repeat.
The new one resolves the ip issues matching up if you used the old one; this piece was about 20 hours of coding :(

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Sounds like I may have to try this out.
Great for people who have home plex servers, but you need a mass feeder. It's free, enjoy! :D I have a video on the wiki that helps mostly, but will make a newer one for this later on; once done.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
What to do for payment verification any reputable vcc you guys use?
debit card; don't do bank or you have to wait like how paypal works; 2 deposits and etc.

Reactions: captngimpy

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
The new one resolves the ip issues matching up if you used the old one; this piece was about 20 hours of coding :(
I just always went to set everything to the new ip was a little work but not unbearable. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ADMIN!

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Ugh
I just always went to set everything to the new ip was a little work but not unbearable. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ADMIN!
Oh yeah no prob :D

DrgnFyre

Blitz 1st Class
One suggestion I was going to make regarding the GCE menu (not sure if you already did this).
I noticed that the 'delete GCE machine' didn't have a confirmation prompt. Could be kind of annoying if you meant to type '8' for the SSH connection but accidentally typed in '9'.

I also thought it was odd that you had set '1' as the exit option, where the exit option everywhere else is 'z'

Awesome work on getting the IP stuff straightened out, and customizing the cores/ram will be good too.

Reactions: timekills

pro_engineer

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Donor
Patron
hey, Admin just installed 8.4 on a new vm.. Running through the PGMove setup and it's giving me the below when I try to test my PG Move setup:

Code:
[email protected]:/mnt/move# smove

Command 'smove' not found, did you mean:

command 'fmove' from deb embassy-phylip
  command 'lmove' from deb suck
  command 'shove' from deb shove
  command 'fsmove' from deb fstransform
  command 'mmove' from deb mtools
PS Love the new install the way it forces you to go through the basic setup items first to get them right!

pro_engineer

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Donor
Patron
hey, Admin just installed 8.4 on a new vm.. Running through the PGMove setup and it's giving me the below when I try to test my PG Move setup:

Code:
[email protected]:/mnt/move# smove

Command 'smove' not found, did you mean:

command 'fmove' from deb embassy-phylip
  command 'lmove' from deb suck
  command 'shove' from deb shove
  command 'fsmove' from deb fstransform
  command 'mmove' from deb mtools
PS Love the new install the way it forces you to go through the basic setup items first to get them right!
Files are moving to cloud and being encrypted but cant seem to check the service

rcarteraz

Blitz Sergeant
I just updated my hetzner server to 8.4.2, the latest stable. I'm now unable to access my GCE server. I'm getting an error about an option not set however all options are set. I notice there were some changes to GCE and the menu for GCE. Might be related. Here's the error.

Code:
ERROR: (gcloud.compute.ssh) Could not fetch resource:
 - Invalid value 'NOT-SET'. Values must match the following regular expression: '[a-z](?:[-a-z0-9]{0,61}[a-z0-9])?'

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.