8.3 Changelog – 8.x Upgrade Guide

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
S

subse7en

Original poster
Team,
Ensure to read the changelog for information and release updates!
If you last deployed mounts before 2/2/19, please redeploy them:

It’s recommended you redeploy mounts as there have been recent bug fixes and improvements. Just redeploy mounts (opt 3) — move (opt 4) or blitz (opt 5)

It will auto install rclone beta on deployment which should fix some transport and disconnection issues, and set log files for gdrive/tdrive/pgblitz/move/etc in /var/plexguide/logs.

This may resolve the disconnects some users reported, if not we will have logs of it.

Info Tip
If you love the 8.3 release and it’s IO and plex performance gains, please consider donating to me (Subse7en); I need to pay an expensive car repair bill. Thanks!

Hardlinking won’t likely work with software RAID, technical limitation of your software raid. You can still use 8.3 if you use software RAID, but it won’t move files, it will copy...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbadk

Blitz Samurai
Staff
i just upgraded and sonarr wont download anymore. Radarr works like a charm. no errors just a red cloud when i try to mark download on any series i have.

i have followed everything on the instructions :)

Qlogic

Blitz Sergeant
  1. redeploy your mounts (option 3, then option 1, then option 5)
should be option 4 :) there is no option 5 at least for me

Reactions: pb1051

dillonsflix

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Patron
I had this working perfectly earlier today and suddenly movies started getting stuck in /mnt/downloads/movies. I looked at the pgblitz.log file but it shows nothing. I tried looking at the scripts to see if I can figure out how exactly everything is moving but for the life of me I don't know why the movies go from /mnt/move to /mnt/downloads/movies.

dillonsflix

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Patron
If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. My movies are still getting stuck in /mnt/downloads/movies. Radarr does the import to /mnt/unionfs/movies which should write to /mnt/move/movies. Since the moves end up in /mnt/downloads/movies one would assume the pbmove/pgblitz process moves the files from /mnt/move to /mnt/downlaods. I looked at the contents of the pgblitz.sh file and it seems the first thing rclone does is moveto "$dlpath/downloads/" "$dlpath/move/". This is opposite of what I expected to see. The next thing rclone does is moveto "$dlpath/move/" "$dlpath/pgblitz/upload". I would have thought the file would move from /mnt/move to /mnt/downloads to /mnt/pgblitz/upload. Obviously I am not understanding the script.

I looked at the pgblitz.log file but it doesn't show that it is moving the files at all.

If I could just understand how the script is working I can probably figure out what is going on.

jeffcameron

Blitz 3rd Class
I saw a note in the BETA for 8.3 that it wouldn't work when PlexGuide is configured with a 2nd processing drive.

Is that still the case with this released version? If we do have a 2nd drive, should we not ugprade or take some extra step in order to upgrade? I'm asking because I tried upgrading and got an error...reboot and re-deployed and still got same error.

Code:
TASK [Creating pgblitz directory] ***********************************************************************************************
Wednesday 30 January 2019  19:34:33 -0600 (0:00:00.594)       0:00:03.381 *****
An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: OSError: [Errno 75] Value too large for defined data type: '/mnt/hgfs/deals//pgblitz/upload'
failed: [127.0.0.1] (item=/pgblitz/upload) => {"changed": false, "item": "/pgblitz/upload", "module_stderr": "Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_IqG_LP/ansible_module_file.py\", line 494, in <module>\n    main()\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_IqG_LP/ansible_module_file.py\", line 355, in main\n    changed = module.set_fs_attributes_if_different(file_args, changed, diff, expand=False)\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_IqG_LP/ansible_modlib.zip/ansible/module_utils/basic.py\", line 1513, in set_fs_attributes_if_different\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_IqG_LP/ansible_modlib.zip/ansible/module_utils/basic.py\", line 1285, in set_mode_if_different\nOSError: [Errno 75] Value too large for defined data type: '/mnt/hgfs/deals//pgblitz/upload'\n", "module_stdout": "", "msg": "MODULE FAILURE", "rc": 1}
        to retry, use: --limit @/opt/pgclone/unionfs.retry

dillonsflix

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Patron
If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. My movies are still getting stuck in /mnt/downloads/movies. Radarr does the import to /mnt/unionfs/movies which should write to /mnt/move/movies. Since the moves end up in /mnt/downloads/movies one would assume the pbmove/pgblitz process moves the files from /mnt/move to /mnt/downlaods. I looked at the contents of the pgblitz.sh file and it seems the first thing rclone does is moveto "$dlpath/downloads/" "$dlpath/move/". This is opposite of what I expected to see. The next thing rclone does is moveto "$dlpath/move/" "$dlpath/pgblitz/upload". I would have thought the file would move from /mnt/move to /mnt/downloads to /mnt/pgblitz/upload. Obviously I am not understanding the script.

I looked at the pgblitz.log file but it doesn't show that it is moving the files at all.

If I could just understand how the script is working I can probably figure out what is going on.
Even though I had redeployed my mounts several times I decided to do so again and now everything is working.

I am still interested in understanding the scripts and how the data flows from one directory to the next so I can debug things as I go.

Reactions: loa92
S

subse7en

Original poster
Redeploy mounts and report back. Should fix it

boganslayer

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
during install keep getting

Code:
ERROR! Unexpected Exception, this is probably a bug: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSL_ST_INIT'
EDIT:
ran the below command, reinstalled plexguide and works now

Code:
apt-get --auto-remove --yes remove python-openssl
pip install pyOpenSSL

Last edited:
Reactions: pb1051

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
I'd appreciate a bit more clarity on two of the bullets:

• Never download directly into /mnt/unionfs, downloaders will cause issues if you do that! Leave the paths the same (/mnt/downloads/{downloader}), plexguide auto configures the downloaders.
Does that mean from SabNZBD and NZBGet, or should we change the ARRs (Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, etc) as well? See second bullet below...
Also, I assume we keep the incomplete folder for SabNZBD as /mnt/incomplete/sabnzbd while only the COMPLETED download folder becomes /mnt/downloads/sabnzbd. Not to be pedantic, but techincally the "download" folder for Sab is the incomplete folder - it then gets combined and moved to the "download" folder.

• You need sonarr/radarr download mappings and “Use hardlinks instead of copy” enabled for hardlinking to work. See the github wiki for how to set this up.
The old instructions listed the mappings for sonarr/radarr but they're not included here - could you elaborate? Also - this comment is part of why the first of the two bullet points above is confusing. I assume the first bullet point references Sab/NZBget but this one says Sonarr and Radarr "download" mappings.

-This is also confusing because the bottom set of instructions on how to upgrade from 8.x to 8.3 don't mention anything about changing Sonarr/Radarr mappings, just to confirm it can still access /mnt/unionfs or restart the container.
So do we have to add mappings to Sonarr/Radarr?

Reactions: djzidon and pb1051

yuvrajgill10

Blitz 2nd Class
Hello all,

I created a new server, and set most of it up. Changed my processing path to /home instead of /mnt for staging purposes. I've noticed that /mnt/unionfs/nzbget/movies is a mirror of /home/downloads/nzbget/movies folder. Deploying a new instance of pgblitz did not create an encrypt folder on Google for me, so I'm not sure exactly where these movies are to go for example. I can't point it to /mnt/unionfs/movies since that folder was not created initially. What's interesting is that if I make a folder inside of my teamdrive, the changes are reflected in unionfs.

Oh and this was just discovered in discord, Muti-HD is not using the right mergerfs installer, it's using a legacy one

Reactions: chaoz

toeffelhelt

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi guys,

Where do i put files for the gdrive? i download on another box, and i used to put files manually in \share\ directory, from there it went to gdrive.

But now the files dissapear from the share drive as usual, but dont pop up in gdrive.

am i missing something?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.