7.6 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
7.6.1 GCE using PG Blitz w/encryption - from scratch

Initial setup had one glitch where the external IP was not established, however the firewall settings were correctly setup.
Not sure if a one-time glitch or repeatable.

Once GCE was created, PlexGuide setup went smoothly, including automatic detection of GCE and NVMe config.
One oddity is the /mnt/encrypt folder shows the four standard directories: ebooks, movies, music, and tv but they aren't in the /mnt/tcrypt folder or in the team drive/encrypt folder.

Even odder is the /mnt/unionfs/encrypt folder is different than the /mnt/encrypt folder. The /mnt/unionfs/encrypt folder seems to be the /mnt/tsrive/encrypt folder. So what is the /mnt/encrypt folder?

See below: the /mnt/encrypt folder has the four directories. The /mnt/tcrypt has the movies folder - but only because I created it, and it is different than the /mnt/encrypt/movies directory. The /mnt/unionfs/encrypt has the encrypted movies directory (same as the one in /mnt/tcrypt) but also an additional file that I can't identify on Google drive or elsewhere.

encrypt-tcrypt-unionfs.png

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

murkr

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Donor
Wow, do you ever stop working? :) Dedicated to the cause, will gladly donate more once the holidays are over with :)

Reactions: Admin9705

SemperFratres

Blitz 3rd Class
I'm on 7.5.4. If I use the new installer, will all my my app settings stay put? (ie: Radarr, sonarr, nzbget, etc)
Will I need to re-install all of my apps (including Plex), again? (Hate that you have to claim a new server every time when you already have one set-up).

But, before I even consider that, is heimdall fixed (no css)? or is this just on my end? I have tried multiple browsers and have the same outcome. heimdall.domain.com/settings wont allow any changes either. It just shows me what the settings are.

firefox_2018-12-26_13-33-02.png

yuvrajgill10

Blitz 2nd Class
In regards to PGBlitz, I can see it is working but I have stuff sitting in /mnt/move that has been sitting for a while...can I force the upload?

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
In regards to PGBlitz, I can see it is working but I have stuff sitting in /mnt/move that has been sitting for a while...can I force the upload?
what version are you running. after 1hr 30 minutes, the keys should rotate (3 failures checks, 1 every 30 minutes) and will resume uploading

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
you might have something wrong with your box. so far your the only one reporting this and no changes have been made. i recommend to run a baseline test on a hetzner cloud server. need to start putting this in my signature :D if it repeats, then yes an issue; if not; it's the box :D

yuvrajgill10

Blitz 2nd Class
you might have something wrong with your box. so far your the only one reporting this and no changes have been made. i recommend to run a baseline test on a hetzner cloud server. need to start putting this in my signature :D if it repeats, then yes an issue; if not; it's the box :D
I'll redownload, no problem everything else is working fine except when I try and get Friends .. Season 4-8 never end up moving properly into their folder from completed to unionfs/tv/Friends .. any clue what's going on?

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
I'll redownload, no problem everything else is working fine except when I try and get Friends .. Season 4-8 never end up moving properly into their folder from completed to unionfs/tv/Friends .. any clue what's going on?
Are they full season downloads, rather than by episode?
I've had troubles over the years with Sonarr correctly identifying and pulling the individual episodes from full season collections. Even when they look like they're broken out into the individual files in the "completed" folder.

Try downloading just one of the episodes in the season individually and see what happens.

yuvrajgill10

Blitz 2nd Class
Are they full season downloads, rather than by episode?
I've had troubles over the years with Sonarr correctly identifying and pulling the individual episodes from full season collections. Even when they look like they're broken out into the individual files in the "completed" folder.

Try downloading just one of the episodes in the season individually and see what happens.
An individual episode worked fine...so odd, thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: timekills

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
An individual episode worked fine...so odd, thanks for the suggestion!
Yeah, it's frustrating because the default for Sonarr when a whole season is missing is to download a season-set. And I've found no way to prevent that/force individual episodes short of manually downloading each episode.

Once you get through a percentage of the season it will download individual episodes rather than a full season set. I'm not sure where that tipping point is, but it's less than half the season. Probably only after a few episodes are downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.