Discussion 500gb ingress traffic everyday?

quadiator

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
Not many providers measure ingress...

I have signed with Vultr and I notice my server is consistently using 500 go every night between 1 and 4 am.

I have tried turning off sonarr radarr , torrent and Usenet downloaders - just to sure. My box is still consuming 500 go of incoming traffic everyday.

Any thoughts on what it might be? Plex library scanning.?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
*cough* I’m secretly uploading monkeh pictures to your server and using you as my private cloud backup.... not all of them are fully clothed. *cough*

500GB is quite a lot over 3hrs as a one off with no obvious reason, it’s a hell of a lot each and every day. Netdata should be able to confirm live data ad from memory can break it down by docker etc.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Yep sounds like Plex doing deep analysis during maintenance, go to Settings -> Scheduled Tasks and untick Perform extensive media analysis during maintenance.

This should fix your issue.

Let me know how you go :)
good note, thanks for the post :D

Reactions: Parmaster

quadiator

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
Yep sounds like Plex doing deep analysis during maintenance, go to Settings -> Scheduled Tasks and untick Perform extensive media analysis during maintenance.

This should fix your issue.

Let me know how you go :)
Yah thats it - deep analysis was eating up bandwidth. Changing setting resolved the issue.

Reactions: Parmaster
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Trending